- Ellis, J. M., Galloway, A. T., Webb, R. M., Martz, D. M., & Farrow, C. V. (2016). Recollections of pressure to eat during childhood, but not picky eating, predict young adult eating behavior. Appetite, 97, 58–63. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2015.11.020
- Loth, K. A., MacLehose, R. F., Fulkerson, J. A., Crow, S., & Neumark‐Sztainer, D. (2014). Are food restriction and pressure‐to‐eat parenting practices associated with adolescent disordered eating behaviors? International Journal of Eating Disorders, 47(3), 310-314. doi: 10.1002/eat.22189.
- Galloway, A. T., Farrow, C. V., & Martz, D. M. (2010). Retrospective reports of child feeding practices, current eating behaviors, and BMI in college students. Obesity, 18(7), 1330-1335. doi: 10.1038/oby.2009.393
- Torslev, M., Norredam, M., Vitus, K. (2017). Exploring Foodscapes at a Danish Public School: How Emotional Spaces Influence Students’ Eating Practices, Food, Culture & Society, International Journal of Eating Disorders 20:4, 587-607. doi: 10.1080/15528014.2017.1357946
- Ensaff, H., Bunting, E., & O'Mahony, S. (2018). “That's his choice not mine!” Parents' perspectives on providing a packed lunch for their children in primary school. Journal of nutrition education and behavior, 50(4), 357-364. doi: 10.1016/j.jneb.2017.12.008
- Metcalfe, A., Owen, J., Shipton, G., & Dryden, C. (2008). Inside and outside the school lunchbox: themes and reflections. Children's Geographies, 6(4), 403-412. doi: 10.1080/14733280802338098
- Karrebæk, M. S. (2012). “What’s in Your Lunch Box Today?”: Health, Respectability, and Ethnicity in the Primary Classroom. Journal of Linguistic Anthropology, 22(1), 1–22. http://www.jstor.org/stable/43104291
- Daniel, C. (2016). Economic constraints on taste formation and the true cost of healthy eating. Social Science & Medicine, 148, 34-41. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.11.025
- Satter, E. (2007). Eating competence: definition and evidence for the Satter Eating Competence model. Journal of nutrition education and behavior, 39(5), S142-S153.
- Satter, E. (2007). Eating competence: Nutrition education with the Satter eating competence model. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 39(5), S189-S194. doi: 10.1016/j.jneb.2007.04.177
- Satter, E. (2022). Satter Division of Responsibility in Feeding. Ellyn Satter Institute. https://www.ellynsatterinstitute.org/